The Fire division of the Department of Public Safety is seeking applicants to fill seven (7) additional full time firefighter positions.
This position includes a generous benefit package including an employer-paid defined contribution plan (8%) and post-employment health plan (4%), a comprehensive health insurance plan, dental and vision insurance plans, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time and paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, longevity pay, and free access to an employee assistance program.
Wyoming is a vibrant, diverse community covering 25 square miles on the southwest side of Grand Rapids. The region boasts award-winning cultural and family activities such as a presidential museum, art and children’s museums, symphony, ballet, and theater, the John Ball Zoo, an AHL hockey team and High-A baseball team, farmers markets, breweries, restaurants, shopping, parks, hiking and biking trails, beaches, and camping. Only a short drive to the shores of Lake Michigan, outdoor recreational opportunities abound.
Applicants should have the following:
- One (1) year experience as a Certified Firefighter II in Michigan per NFPA 1001, or its equivalent as designated by the State Fire Marshal.
- Haz-Mat Operations certification through the Michigan Fire Fighter Training Council, or its equivalent as designated by the State Fire Marshal.
- State of Michigan Licensed Medical First Responder (EMT/Basic preferred), or its equivalent.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license.
- Please upload copies of licenses and certifications when submitting your application.
Applicants who are selected for an interview will be required to complete an agility test at that time. The link below highlights each individual exercise that must be completed within the allotted time frame.
• Firefighter Agility Test - Training Video
Consider joining the hard working, fun, and supportive environment at the City of Wyoming! We’re looking for you!