Now includes a $5000 Sign on Bonus as well as a lateral transfer based on years of service at another IAFF department for pay only, would not change seniority.
Full-Time Firefighter/Paramedic positions
LATERAL TRANSFERS WELCOMED - SIGNING BONUS
The Frenchtown Fire Department has immediate openings for Firefighter/Paramedics. Applications will continue to be accepted until all budgeted positions are filled. We are a progressive, professional Fire Department offering our community an all hazards response, working under emergency conditions protecting life and property. We are committed to continuous improvement, we participate in classroom, self-study, and field training programs to develop and maintain required skills and proficiencies.
- Minimum of 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent, with additional applicable related course work as necessary to maintain ability and skills.
- State of Michigan Firefighter I & II Certification or equivalent as defined by the Michigan State Firefighter Training Council or equivalent Certification from another state.
- State of Michigan Hazardous Materials Operations level Certification
- Paramedic License or equivalent as defined by the Michigan Department of Public Health, EMS Division. Consideration provided to those actively working towards the Paramedic License.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Successful passing of the Conference of Western Wayne (CWW) Firefighter Testing Program, Written and CPAT.
- Candidates must also pass drug screening, background investigation, psychological exam, oral interviews and medical physical.
- Knowledge of emergency response tactics and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in the operation and capabilities of fire apparatus and equipment.
- Ability to act appropriately in stressful situations and practice professionalism in the performance of their duties.
Lateral Transfers for applicants with previous fire service experience as a full-time firefighter in an IAFF career municipal fire department.
- 1 year previous service $54,1847.94 annually
- 2 years previous service $57.571.49 annually
- 3 years previous service $60,958.05 annually
- 4 years previous service $64,344.61 annually
- 5 years or more previous service $67,731.17 annually
To apply, download the application packet from https://frenchtowntownship.org/fire return in person or by mail to 2744 Vivian Road, Monroe, MI 48162
Pay: $54,184.94 - $67,731.17 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Company's Facebook page: