The City of Wayne is currently accepting applications for the purpose of establishing a Fire Fighter eligibility list.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of the United States (Birth Certificate or Naturalization Papers required at time of application)
2. High school diploma or GED (presented with application)
3. Minimum qualifications include State of Michigan Basic Emergency Medical Technician or currently enrolled in paramedic school; Advanced Life Support/Paramedic preferred
4. Successful completion of Fire Fighter I and II Firemanship Courses
5. Conference of Western Wayne (CWW) Written and Physical Agility Testing
Proof of all the above must be submitted with application. Possession of current, valid Michigan driver's license and an excellent driving record with no more than three (3) points on current driving record.
Applications are available in the Personnel Department, 3355 S. Wayne Rd. Wayne, MI 48184 or at our web site: http://www.ci.wayne.mi.us/ Application must be completed in its entirety and on file in the Personnel Department. No resumes will be accepted without written application form.
The City of Wayne is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.