CITY OF HAZEL PARK
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
APPLICATION FOR FIREFIGHTER
The Hazel Park Fire Department is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. We will be filling these positions to allow for additional staffing, as well as any future vacancies which may occur. These are permanent positions, and are not Safer-Grant funded.
Application period will be ongoing until all positions are filled, at which point applications on file will be placed on an eligibility list for future consideration.
1. Be a United States Citizen
2. Have reached the age of eighteen (18) at time of application.
3. Be able to submit proof of State of Michigan (MFFTC) Firefighter I/II certification. *
4. Successfully complete and possess valid Conference of Western Wayne written examination and physical (CPAT). Further information, including upcoming test dates can be found here.
5. Be able to submit proof of current State of Michigan Paramedic license, as well as American Heart Association (AHA) ALS and BLS certification. *
6. Possess a valid Michigan Operator’s License.
7. Be of good moral character, and shall not be a convicted felon.
8. Be physically sound, with height and weight in proportion to each other as indicated by acceptable medical standards.
9. Have vision correctable to 20/20.
10. If a certified firefighter with prior employment with a fire department, provide letter from the fire chief stating applicant was not discharged or allowed to resign under threat of discharge or while under investigation.
*All licenses must be current and in good standing at time of application and conditional offer of employment.
CURRENT SALARY RANGE
• Starting wage $41,661.34
• Step increase for first five years with fifth year wage of $62,159.14
LIBERAL FRINGE BENEFITS
• 2.0 pension starting at time of hire
• $4500 bonus after 3 years
• Food and uniform allowances
• 15 paid holidays
• BCBS Plan 4 health care, vision, dental, and life insurance
HOW TO APPLY
• Application and copies of qualifications must be submitted in person to the City Clerk’s office, City Hall,
111 E. Nine Mile Road, Hazel Park, MI 48030, (248) 546-4064
HAZEL PARK CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION, AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Contact Information for Local Union Executive Board Members
You can access the most accurate contact information for local union officers from the IAFF website by clicking on this link. After you log-in, click on Dashboard, then Officer Resources and then Affiliate Directory.. You can search by local name, local number, by state, or by the officers name if you know it. This data is updated daily.
American Income Life Insurance Company Information