Position Type: Full - Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs firefighting activities including driving fire apparatus, operating pumps and related equipment, laying hose, and performing fire containment, extinguishments and overhaul tasks.
- Performs emergency medical service activities including providing medical treatment as allowed by the individual or licensure level of the department.
- Participates in training, attends classes in firefighting, emergency medical, hazardous materials, and related subjects.
- Operates radios and other communications equipment.
- Carries out duties in conformance with Federal, State, County, City and Local laws, ordinances and protocols.
- Assist in developing plans for special assignments such as emergency preparedness, hazardous communications, training programs, firefighting, hazardous materials, and emergency aid activities.
- Adhere to Township and department policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of employment and be a high school graduate or have a GED equivalent.
- Full time firefighters must be certified as a FFI, FFII, ICS, NIMS by the Michigan Fire Fighter Training Council within twelve (12) months of hire.
Submit Resume/application and certifications to the Charter Township of Alpena, ATTN: Clerk, 4385 US 23 N, Alpena, MI 49707 or email@example.com
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefits