SEEKING FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC AND PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER / EMT
Covert Township Fire Department is accepting applications for a Full time Firefighter / Paramedic .These positions are anticipated to have a start date in July of 2021. Minimum qualifications include: Michigan FF I & II, Haz-Mat Ops, valid Michigan Driver’s License, and Michigan licensed EMT or higher, Paramedic preferred.
Covert Township is located just south of South Haven Michigan in Van Buren County. The Covert Township Fire Department covers 36 square miles of response area that includes 6 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline, I-196, M-140 Hwy, Palisades Nuclear Power plant, a gas generating power plant and a large agricultural area that is known for its blueberry production.
The Covert Township Fire Department is a combination department that has 7 career positions that is complimented by both part time and paid on call staff. We provide ALS transport service as well as an all hazards response fire department. The department operates out of a 20,000 square foot public safety building that was completed in 2017.
Career employees receive MERS defined benefit retirement plan, opportunity to contribute into a supplemental retirement plan, Blue Care Network health insurance, dental, and vision plans. Staffing is done on a 24-hour modified Kelly shift rotation.
Applications may be mailed to Covert Township Fire Department, P.O. Box 5 Covert MI 49043, or dropped off at the Fire Station located at 33805 M-140 Highway in Covert, no later than 6pm June 18, 2021. Any mailings post marked after June 28, 2021, will not be considered. For more information, please visit www.covertfire.org, or like us on Facebook.
SEEKING FULL-TIME FIRE AND EMS CHIEF
Covert Township is now accepting applications for a Full-time Fire and EMS chief.
Covert Township is seeking a highly motivated and energetic candidate for the position of Fire / EMS Chief. Covert Township is an ALS transporting all hazards fire department that consist of combination staffing. There are 6 full time firefighter / paramedics, complimented by part-time, paid on call and cross trained police officers.
The Fire / EMS Chief will oversee all functions of the Fire and EMS department in order to ensure that the department’s services are delivered in a prompt, professional and cost effective manner. The Fire/ EMS Chief will perform such duties as the Township Board may direct, including any duties specified in any job description that the Township Board may adopt.
1. Possess, at minimum, a valid Michigan EMT-B license, with a strong preference for a valid Michigan Paramedic license.
2. Possess a Michigan Firefighter I & II certification
3. Possess a Michigan Fire Officer I, II, and III certification
4. Have a minimum of 10 years in the fire / ems service, with at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
5. Possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan driver license.
6. Possess FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certifications
1. FEMA ICS 300 & 400 certifications
2. ACLS, EPC / PALS,& PHTLS certifications (required by Van Buren County medical control)
3. Fire Instructor I
4. EMS Instructor Coordinator
5. A.A.S. or B.A. in Fire Science, Homeland Security or Public Administration
Please submit resume and application by 4:00 PM, June 28, 2021 to:
Covert Township, Office Manager
P.O. Box 35
Covert, Michigan 49043