Allen Park Accepting Applications
CITY OF ALLEN PARK
FULL-TIME FIRE FIGHTER / PARAMEDIC.
The City of Allen Park is now accepting applications to establish an eligibility roster for employment opportunities for the position of full time Firefighter/Paramedic
Applicants must (upon submission of application):
1. Be at least eighteen (18) years old.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development Test (GED).
4. Have a valid Michigan driver’s license or chauffeur’s license, with a good record.
6. Must have Fire Fighter I and II, and Haz-Mat operations level certification through the Michigan Fire Fighter Training Council.
7. Must Be a State of Michigan Licensed Paramedic, and be ACLS and BLS certified.
8. Must have current test scores, written and agility, from the Conference of Western Wayne Firefighter Testing Program, EMPCO testing system, or equivalent.
BASIC PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS
Vision: Correctable to 20/20.
Weight: In proportion to height, as determined by a physical examination.
Prior to being hired candidates must pass; physical, psychological, and drug screen. An extensive background and driving record check will also be performed.
To schedule a test for these positions, you must contact Schoolcraft College and/or the EMPCO testing group. Other testing entities shall be considered on a case by case basis
There is a fee to take these examinations, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating fire departments in Michigan. You must take and pass the tests by time of oral interview.
All applicants must pass written and oral examinations with a minimum score of 75% in each examination. Final score will be cumulative with 60% weight given to the written examination and 40% to the oral examination.
Pay ranges from $47,487.32 to $69,823.14 for firefighter / paramedic, fire officers are compensated at a higher rate according to rank. A full benefit package is included which offers healthcare, life, and dental insurance, as well as paid sick, vacation, and personal leave time, and a defined benefit pension. A copy of the complete benefit package is available upon request.
A City of Allen Park application is mandatory to be considered for the position; you are also encouraged to include a resume.
The application is available online at:
Or at the City of Allen Park Human Resources Department, 15915 Southfield Road, Allen Park, MI 48101 – 313-928-2472
All applications must include copies of test results and the required certifications. Applications shall be accepted until all positions are filled.
Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for official Holidays.
The City of Allen Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer